Work Day

Today was a workday out at the in-laws. We are having a baptism there tomorrow after church so we thought it would be nice to clear out some of the pond scum and weeds around sand area to make it a little nicer. My dearest husband of all times said he would help me with this chore. Here he is. Isn't he sweet? Doesn't he look thrilled?

After that was accomplished, I needed to show off my big muh-sools (said with a German accent).
Aaron and the kids went home after the pond was cleaned out. I stayed on to do some more work at the house. Part of that involved mopping up the water in the basement that came in during yesterday's big rainstorm. This is the third time it's happened since June. I think we need a little less rain. Anyway, with this time's leakage, a fair amount of fine silt came in with the water, so the floor was covered with a nice layer of dirt. I had a great idea while I was mopping it up with my much too small rag, that if I didn't ever clean it up and just let it continue to leak in the basement, eventually there would be enough soil in there to have my own little in house greenhouse. It would be so awesome. Unfortunately, I don't think my dear mom-in-law would agree with me on that one. Am I right, Kay?

Anyway, on other happy news today, I ran 10 miles this morning. My goal was anywhere between 8-12, so I hit right in the middle of that. Yea! My foot feels pretty good too. I got in three miles of walking later on in the day too, so that helped my total. According to my training program, I was supposed to hit 17 miles today, but 13 is doing pretty good since I had two weeks off.

Now it's off to shower. I desperately need one. I stink. Even Aaron smelled me today. He often scoffs when I tell him I stink, but today he scoffed no more. He thought it was cute. I thought it was disgusting. Blech.

Comments

  1. A true German accent would be "mush-souls" ....or would that be Fench ? Or Indian? or .........! Anyway...much impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look