Computer is Back!


Finally got my computer fixed so I can upload those pictures as promised. So here they are without further ado.


David had wanted a cake made into a "lego guy" for his birthday. I was going to try - the cakes I make usually look pretty amateurish, but I try to make what they want. But as I was getting this cake out of the pan to start creating, it completely fell apart. I "glued" it back together with frosting and told David what happened. So then he decided he would like to decorate his cake. Fine by me! He got out sprinkles, colored sugar and jelly beans and happily set to work. I had to give the girls clear instructions that they COULD NOT HELP, unless David asked them. Here is his finished creation of his own lego guy.


David also wanted a mystery lunch for his celebration. Very simply put, a mystery meal is where you order from a menu, but you don't really know what you are getting until it is placed in front of you. Some people come up with clever, fancy names for each item, but I just had them number their menu. The kids thought it was great fun. Most of them ended up with some sort of dessert (either cake or ice cream) for their appetizer course without any plates or even silverware. They laughed and laughed as each course was served. Here are Abby and Ana eating their appetizer cake without plate or fork.


Of course what birthday would be complete without presents and everybody crowding in close to get the first glimpse of what it might be?


Grandma Kay and Grandpa Tom got David a dinosaur kit where you have to dig for bones.


Here he is later on digging for bones. Ana watched eagerly and would occasionally comment in a forlorn little voice, "It looks like it's lot of fun."



I have many more pictures to post of other things, but I think I'll spare you and spread them out a bit more so we don't have a marathon picture blog.

On other exciting news of the day, I mowed our hay field this morning. "You have a hay field?" you ask? Yes, we do. We normally refer to it as a lawn, but things got a little out of control during the last two weeks and it turned into a hay field. But it looks a little more respectable now and I'm not embarrassed to see my neighbors anymore since we were responsible for the neighborhood eyesore.

Comments

  1. David did an awesome job on his cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pictures. I too am amazed at David's cake. Very nice. Sounds like he had a very nice birthday.

    Now we can come over now that we are not embarrassed at our child creating the neighborhood "eyesore!" :) :) cld

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look