Helpers

As stated yesterday, I had a lot to try to get done. Of course it didn't get all the way done, but I did get my tomato canning done for the day. Anyway, I was busy doing something around lunchtime, so Ana volunteered to make lunch for us. I said she could. So here is what she came up with for lunch.
She opened up a can of pears and we each got two halves, made each of us a saltine peanut butter cracker sandwich, made us each a graham cracker with peanut butter and chocolate spread, some fresh raspberries and dried cranberries and dried grapes (Abby does not like raisins, but likes dried grapes a lot). It was very nice, but we were all hungry about an hour later, so we had a bigger snack soon after lunch was over. :) Here is Ana snacking on her raspberries - a daily occurance.

In my compost pile, I have a very prolific squash plant growing. This picture does not do it justice. It is seriously taking over a lot of the garden and yard area beside the garden. I wasn't sure for awhile which type it was, but finally found them growing in spots - an acorn squash. Yipee! I LOVE acorn squash! Not sure how many I'll get out of it, but at least 6 I'm thinking.


I also have a volunteer butternut squash growing. Another bit of happiness for me. I will have at least three from that plant. It's not quite as overgrown as the acorn squash. And finally, my long, impatient wait is over. I brought home this beauty yesterday from my away from home garden. I butchered it and we've been greatly enjoying a very sweet and juicy ripe watermelon. I have about 5 more to go if they get ripe before the vines die. I'm having a bit of problem with some squash bugs making their way across my garden and killing my vines. Grrr. Do not like squash bugs.





Comments

  1. Trash squash!

    That lunch sounds like a snack to me, but I love it all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watermelon looks yummy. I had no luck with my garden this year as you know.....very sad !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look