Hunting bags

Yesterday in school we got creative with the sewing machine. The previous day we made cave paintings for art. Yesterday, we made hunting bags to take around as they hunt/gather food. We made them out of tiger-skin material which pleased the kids. Aaron likes to tell them a story he made up that is very circular/repetitive involving a tiger skinned rug. The the kids adore that story and still find it hilarious after several years of re-telling. So our tiger-skinned hunting bags were perfect. They went outside after making them and went hunting for food. Here's a picture of the things they found and snacked on from the garden.
Here is a picture of Ana eating part of her food find - beets!
Abby and her beet.
On running news, got six miles in this morning. It was quite chilly - in the 50s - until I warmed up. But I felt chilled again once I stopped running - still haven't warmed up completely despite putting on dry socks, sweatshirt and drinking warm coffee. Just my out of whack internal thermostat as Aaron likes to tell me. My foot is still tender at times, tomorrow's run will probably be a walk instead.
There is no school for us today as we have a doctor check-up and errands to run. I also need to get a bunch of things done this morning before we leave. Guess I should stop writing now and get busy! Have a good day!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look