Tomato Day

Today is tomato day here at my house. Here's a picture of the last batch of tomatoes I canned. Joey did not end up in the canning process, but he apparently wanted to be in the picture.
With that batch of tomatoes, I made about 9 pints, of salsa, 10 pints of plain chunks and 2 qts. of juice. Not sure what I'm going to make with my batch of tomatoes today. Might do another batch of salsa - you can never have too much of that, right? And here was my latest melon picking batch.
They were sooooo delicious! I've never grown any melons before and decided to try it out this year for fun. They were amazingly sweet. We gobbled them down quite quickly. I think I have one or two more to pick, then there will be no more. : ( But, I also have watermelons growing too - about 6 of those. Does anyone know how to tell when to pick watermelon? I don't know when they are ripe and I don't want to pick it too early, or it will be yucky. Every time I go and see my garden out at my in-laws, I giggle quietly to myself with glee when I see my watermelons. They are just so cute! And I'm growing them!
Along with lots of tomatoes coming on, the raspberries are also beginning to be abundant. That too is quite exciting to me! The girls gobble them down as fast as they can. Ana likes to go out and pick from her patch. She told me yesterday when she went out picking that, "I'll try to bring some inside this time instead of eating all of them." She was able to exercise enough self-control to bring in about two for each of us.
On other good news of the day, I jogged for three miles this morning. Again, no pain in my foot! Yea! I'm not putting in serious marathon mileage, but this is a good start! Makes me happy.
I'm also excited to use my birthday food processor more today. I used it the other night to slice up some zucchini and summer squash for supper. It worked so amazingly well. In like 5 seconds, it had sliced up in nice uniform little slices the entire amount I had set aside. So cool! Then, I shredded the rest of my zucchini for freezing in another 5 seconds. Why didn't I get one sooner?!?
Okay, off to be productive now. Have a great day everyone!

Comments

  1. You didn't get one sooner because I didn't buy one for you sooner !!! My Fault ! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look