Birthday Recap

Well, I did indeed have an excellent birthday. I started my day with a long run. I was hoping to get 12-15 miles in and was able to run 14 miles and walk the last one to make 15 miles. I was very happy about that and my foot felt great throughout the whole time. Woo hoo! When I got home, Ana had made a little treasure hunt for me with my present at the end of it - a handmade white clay ring complete with holder. It was cute. She was so excited to give that to me. Then she also got some of her money out and went to Casey's next door (convenience store), and bought a donut for me. It was super sweet of her. She certainly loves to give gifts. Unfortunately, at that moment, the thought of putting a donut in my stomach didn't feel very good, but I told her how excited I was to eat it that I was going to save it for a little bit later (which I did and made sure to exclaim how delicious it was as I ate it a few hours later). Then my good friend and running partner Julie did indeed take me out for ice cream at lunchtime. We discovered the most amazing ice cream flavor known to man. It's called Monster Mash - it's oatmeal/peanut butter monster cookies mashed up into creamy vanilla ice cream. It is heavenly.

Once that was done I hung around home getting things done at home until the evening when we went to my parents to celebrate some more along with my grandparents and brother's family. It was a fun evening. I'll post some more pictures later, but here's one my mom sent to me of the ice cream cake she got for me that night. Yum! I really like ice cream. :) The lovely pink "badges" you see on my shirt are birthday badges that Ana made for me to wear that day. Each one says something about being 32 and happy birthday.



Comments

  1. We have to keep the monster mash ice cream a secret from Dave or I think he'll push us both into the car and start driving for Iowa... on second thought, that sounds like an excellent plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you finish off your ice cream cake? It was pretty tasty. I think I like the other one I had gotten one time better BUT you know I do not like Snickers. Glad you enjoyed it and the evening. We sure did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look