A Good Day!

I had a very lovely day today full of many good things. The first thing was getting together with my dear mother to have an early celebration for my birthday. The first we did was to go to the farmer's market and stock up on produce there. Yum!

After that, we wandered the aisles of Target. I got a few necessities for the house and got my very delightful birthday present of a food processor. I was very excited to get that. I just recently started to covet one, so it was time to own one of my own.

Once our purchases were stored away in the car, we wandered over to Panera Bread for lunch. I often choose to go there when I'm with my mom because Aaron turned into a restaurant snob when he was driving truck and ate out all the time and now snubs his nose at Panera. I love it. I ordered this (minus the sandwich). It was yumminess in a bowl.

After lunch, we then went to Coldstone Creamery and I splurged on a very delicious signature dish of oatmeal cookie ice cream with plenty of chocolate sauce, peanut butter and peanut butter cup mixed in. Oh, it was heavenly! My tummy was quite full and we had nothing more to do, so we went home and I hung out a bit with my mommy (and dad!) before heading home.

Once home, I tried out my new food processor and made peach popsicles for the kiddos. And for me too, who am I fooling? Then I used my new toy to chop up some tomatoes that were on the verge of going bad. They are currently in the freezer now waiting for me to do something with them on Monday.

And to top off my good day, I just got back from a small run. The first run in two weeks! I went only two miles and went quite slow, but my foot didn't hurt! Amazing! Just two weeks ago, I could barely put any pressure on it. I am currently icing it as a precaution, but I am thankful to God for his healing touch. My marathon hopes have not died now. There is still a chance that I will get this done! Yea!

I wonder what other good things are in store for the rest of the night. We shall see!

Comments

  1. So enjoyed our time together. We should do that weekly while Aaron watches the kids....(hope he is reading this) Glad you liked your gift...makes me want to get one now....of course that might mean I actually have to cook !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look