Walking Tacos

Okay, so I have this enormous love relationship with Walking Tacos. It all started when I would go to track meets to watch the kids Aaron coaches and then see and smell these really yummy looking things. However, being the tight-wad that I am, I refused to spend $3 on a piddly little quantity of food no matter how good it looked. If I'm going to spend $3 on food - it had better fill me up! Plus the kids were always with me and once you start buying food, there's no end in sight. Anyway, Aaron would get meal tickets for being a coach and would get to indulge in these tasty little creations while I merely had to listen to him tell me about the many times he got to eat them.

Fast forward to our vacation last month while we were at our Burlington Bees baseball game. On vacation, we usually splurge on things we don't normally spend money on because, hey, it's vacation. So, Aaron surprised me with my very own walking taco that night. I was in heavenly bliss. All that unwholesome gooey goodness in one little bag! Can it get any better than that? I LOVE walking tacos!

Yesterday, I was reading our weekly newspaper and saw that the bank in town is having customer appreciation day set for lunch today and they are serving walking tacos! Awesome, yes? The problem is that I don't use that bank. ARGH! I bank with the other bank in town. This is a dilemma. Do I quickly open an account there so I can enjoy a walking taco or do I merely look once again from afar and wish I could have one? This was the choice I faced. I decided since I couldn't have them at the bank, I would make my own for supper instead. So I did, and they were quite yummy. My tummy was happy. BUT, then after supper I got a call from my dear father-in-law who happens to bank at this bank. He is out of town and he has an errand for me to do at this bank today! I eagerly accepted this task because now I will get my walking taco on behalf of my in-laws by doing their bank business for them! How cool is that? It makes me quite happy. :) Can't wait for lunch! Walking tacos TWO days in a row! Yipee!

Comments

  1. I guess I haven't lived....I have never had a "Walking Taco". I don't even know what a "Walking Taco" is ! What makes a "Walking Taco" different from a regular Taco if I may so ask? cld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. We are so the same - getting excited (and debating opening accounts at places) because of free stuff. Especially free FOOD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a "Walking Taco"? Does it move? Does that mean the contents are still alive? Must be really fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look