Your Daily Caloric Needs...

...can be found in one of these cupcakes.
I made these for a friend's birthday. Chocolate ganache peanut butter cupcakes. The recipe was taken from our cookbook challenge. They were definitely good, but my enjoyment of them were hampered by knowing exactly what I put into them. They were also very time consuming. First you make the cupcake part. Then you make the peanut butter filling which then needs to be put inside the already baked cupcakes. After that, you dip them in the ganache that you made (if you aren't familiar with that - it's mixture of chocolate and cream), and finally you top it with the peanut butter frosting that you have to cook on the stove top using butter. Lots and lots of butter. Had someone merely set a cupcake in front of me and told me to eat it, I probably would have enjoyed it much more. In order to keep us from eating them all, I gave some to some friends down the street and sent some home with the birthday girl. The rest of our family, each got two apiece. Well, except for David. He ended up eating two last night at supper and then there were two left over. He ate those this morning. I figure when you are running 6-9 miles a day, are almost 5'9" and weigh only 110 lbs, you can afford to eat a little more than most people. :) I finally told him to stop asking me if he can eat a snack all the time and just eat when he's hungry, as long as he makes at least a couple of them healthy - which he does. 

On other cookbook challenge notes, we have enjoyed such recipes as lemony-spinach stuffed chicken, stuffed french toast, chorizo-queso egg rolls, lemon yogurt bread, spicy sweet potato fries, grilled chicken with peaches, hot fudge cake, and hawaiian turtle cups. We've had a number of friends over during those meals so they get to help us rate our recipes. It's still fun for all of us, so we will continue.

That's all for now. Stay tuned as I think Keilah is working on another post to put up in the next day or two. 

Comments

  1. lemony spinach stuffed chicken and sweet potato fries! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the journey through the cookbook! What a great chance to expand culinary horizons and connect as family and friends! Thanks for sharing, Melissa!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look CRAZY good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time you need some one to try some of these recipes on....we'll suffer (ha) and help you out in your rating thing !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited about those cup-cakes and they looked really good, then I read that they contained peanut butter :( I wonder if one could make a caramel filling and frosting instead. Or a chocolate truffle filling and frosting! And put some toasted pecans on top.... I really shouldn't be thinking about chocolate at this time of night....

    Keep up the cookbook adventure - sounds like you're having a tasty time. Love, MomKay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was close enough to be your neighbor and eat your food! :) You are doing such wonderful things with your children Melissa. I love reading up on your blog - just letting you know I think you're pretty amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look