Not a Running Post!

It's true!  I will not talk about running in this post.  I promise.  Instead I will share some pictures that are also not running related.  The girls went with me to the bank the other day and each got some chocolate candy eyeballs.  Aren't they lovely?

Our chore chart is coming along very nicely.  They all completed week one.  Abby refused to clean her room, so she got 75 cents less than everyone else.  Ana got 25 cents more because she was so excited about cleaning the bathroom that she did it twice that week.  No complaints from me on that one.  Ana also is excited because she has learned to wash the dishes.  Here she is on Friday washing first the lunch dishes with Abby (excuse the wet fingerprints on Abby's behind).
And here she is washing supper dishes with David on Friday night.  I didn't do any dishes at all that day.  What a treat!  I need to have David be the washer one of these days so he can learn that all important skill.  I don't make them wash pots and pans yet, but that will come.  Doing at least the basic dishes certainly does help. 
Other benefits from the chore chart - the stairs are clean!  You don't have to be careful about every step you take since there is nothing there to trip over.  Same with at the top of the stairs.  And while their rooms aren't spotless, it's a little easier to walk around than it used to be.  What delight!  And finally, here is a picture of what I did yesterday.  I make cheesecakes for the cross country team every year.  And since districts is on Thursday, I figured I had better get it done before the year is out.  Aaron said the kids have been asking for them frequently.  So today is the day.  The one on the left is a lemon-raspberry one.  And the one on the right is a coffee-toffee cheesecake.  Yum!  I am most definitely taking out pieces for myself before the CC runners snarf them down leaving me only with crumbs.  And yes, that is a small lemon-raspberry one in the back.  That is reserved for our family as well. 

Comments

  1. Lemon RASPBERRY?

    You know I'm weeping over here, wishing we were closer...

    Love, the Raspberry Stalker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DID mean the small cheesecake was for your EXTENDED family....you must have left that word out by accident !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look