Good Run

It's a beautiful morning and supposed to be near record highs today. Woo hoo! Perhaps I should mow our lawn to celebrate such good weather. It's been awhile since I last mowed. Aaron is gone at a cross country meet today, or I would ask him to do it.

I got in a very good run this morning. Made me happy. I tried out running two, walking one today. I know I could have run more than that - possibly even the entire thing, but my goal was not about doing well today - it's about doing well next week. So I babied my foot. I did push the pace quite a bit by the last two running miles and got in a mile at 8:52, then 8:40 for my last one. I was happy with that since I haven't been going for speed for a long time. I was thinking while I was running those last two that I would like to work on getting fast again once I heal up properly and get some rest after this marathon. I used to be fast. And I had times in between children where I would start to get fast again, but then get pregnant and put my heavier training sessions on hold for a year and a half. But I'm pretty sure we're done having kids for now. We do feel a bit of peer pressure to have more since every last one of both Aaron and my siblings have all had babies within the last 15 months. We're feeling like we're falling behind in the procreation aspect of our lives. :) So anyway, I will need a new goal to shoot for once this marathon is over. I'm competitive, and if I don't have some great and glorious goal in mind, I tend to not push myself or not even run at all. So I will work on a more specific goal than "being faster". I did like running half-marathons. Maybe I can train for a faster half-marathon time. Or maybe just train for 5K's and work on major speed. I don't know. I'll have to think on it.

Comments

  1. You could make your goal to create another grandchild !!!! :) That way we would have an even 10....9 is such an odd number. How about another boy to help out David on this side of the family? 8 girls and 1 boy. Then your father couldn't tell that old joke when people ask him how many grandchildren he has and he says, "Nine grandchildren and they are all boys except for 8 " !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look