No Powers

So apparently, my powers end with flannel bed sheets.  My house looked exactly the same when I got home today.  No one came and cleaned it for me.  That's too bad.  But getting flannel bed sheets by just speaking my desire is still a pretty good track record in my book.  Thanks, Mom! 

On other happy news, I needed something down at the grocery store, so I decided to trot down there.  It's only a bit over 2 blocks away, but it's downhill.  Going downhill or down stairs has been very painful for me.  But I trotted down there!  It only hurt a little bit!  There is progress going on in my legs.  Julie and I took a brisk walk this morning too.  She has recovered much faster than me (but she also did all the training like we had intended to do together).  Moral of the story:  do all the training work and don't get hurt - you'll recover faster. 

My mom-in-law had a good idea to motivate Abby in cleaning her room.  While they were out here visiting last weekend, they had all the kids out to their place for a fun day.  Part of the fun day included a work project of picking up sticks with a monetary reward at the end of it.  Abby told Grandma Kay that, "I already have a bank full of money.  I don't need to help pick up sticks."  So money is not what motivates her at this age.  Grandma Kay suggested princess stickers or other little "treasures" for her weekly reward.  I think that is a good idea.  I might just need to get a treasure container and start storing small things I see that she would like.  That might motivate her a little more along the chore chart. 

Tomorrow morning is going to be a field trip day.  A friend of mine and fellow homeschool mom took her kids here and it inspired me to do so as well.  I'll take my camera and post pictures once I get home as to where we ended up.  Have a great day everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look