Trick or Treating

Without futher ado, here are Halloween costumes for this year.  Ana and Abby - two Native American princesses.
The full outfit.  Notice the ax/tomahawk tucked into their belts.  True to Fleming form, we may not have a Halloween without some sort of weapon needed for the costume.  Don't mess with these princesses.  They will chop your head off if you do.
Here is David, the giant blue lego.
All three together.  We had issues with walking down the sidewalks tonight.  No one could be near David as he took up the entire width.
Pre-trick-or-treating with friends Grace (Cinderella) and Sophia (Ladybug).  We had plans to go together, but my kids wanted to get to as many houses as possible and didn't want to go toddler pace.  So we went ahead.
We also stopped by the skating rink afterwards for the annual party.  We hadn't been to it before.  The kids had fun.  They had free hot dogs, drink, popcorn, games, costume contest, and candy and toy prizes to all the games.  The kids had a blast and loved every minute of it.  They even got a gold dollar for being in the costume contest even though they didn't win.  We got home tired and happy.  After one more piece of candy to eat, it was bedtime.  Now I have to figure out what to do with each very full ice cream bucket full of candy.  I normally let them have a set amount (say 25-35 pieces) of their choice and then buy the rest off of them so they don't feel cheated out of all their glorious candy.  Plus doing it that way gives me a stash of my favorites as they don't enjoy the chocolate candy as much as I do!  I get tired of the daily incessant asking, "can I have a piece of candy?"  I usually come to a point where I am so tired of them asking me for a piece of candy every five minutes that after awhile I allow them to binge and just eat all of it so I won't have to deal with it.  But then of course only Abby complies with that while the other two want to save it and not eat all of it.  So then I'm left with an empty bucket for Abby while David and Ana still have theirs.  Talk about injustice!  (At least to a four year old perspective).  I guess I will figure out something by tomorrow when they wake up and the first words out their mouths will be, "Can I have a piece of candy?"

Comments

  1. The girls costumes are very nice. Like the weapons..I take it you aren't raising your children to be pacifists ???? :) And David's costume is very clever. How did you come up with that??? Good job. I made the mistake of turning on my light for dad so he wouldn't trip over the cat..and before I knew it...I had about 15 Trick or Treaters (at one time) at my door. I didn't have anything to give out. I felt like Scrooge at Halloween time ! Dad had to trip over the cats...the lights went out !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the costumes!!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish we lived closer to each other! Steve was a stegosaurus (made out of boxes from our move), I was a pirate and used the sword Aaron made, Tristan was Thomas the train, and Seth was cute. He has a costume but we didn't put it on for the party we went to yesterday. Maybe he'll wear it tonight for trick or treating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look