Getting There

As you can see, there are not nearly as many apples and pears to deal with as of today. I am getting there. I didn't get as much done as I had planned yesterday because I ended up falling asleep when I sat down yesterday afternoon and slept for two hours. Do you think I was tired? Needless to say, I woke up this morning feeling quite refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
Here is my pot of applesauce from today all ready to be canned. I did a little over 6 qts. yesterday - not sure how much is in this pot yet - definitely more than yesterday.
And of course, once you get an empty bucket, it just begs to be filled. So I went out and picked my acorn squash from my volunteer plant in the compost pile. I got 15 squash - if I got them all! Guess we'll be eating some of those for supper.
I also have a nice pan of apple/pear crisp in the oven ready to be devoured upon it's re-entry to the outside world.
The kids had their Friday class today. Aaron and I enjoyed a few peaceful/quiet hours to ourselves while they were gone. It was kind of like a date in the middle of the day! What a nice treat. Abby liked her second day of Friday classes. She was a bit put out that she didn't get a snack this time around though. I think tonight, David is being initiated into the world of Star Wars courtesy of his father. Aaron has been working a lot of evenings lately and David often goes with him to help him out in order to earn "Daddy coupons" which means getting to do fun stuff with Dad. So watching Star Wars it will be - they are starting off with the old ones - episode 4. I haven't ever seen them, but I really don't have any desire to remedy that situation. I guess I did see most of episode 4 when we were first married, but I wasn't overly impressed. I remember all the rage about it growing up, but even then, I didn't really care about it. I'm sure Aaron will try to bribe me with a back/shoulder rub to watch it with them. I will try to remain strong, but he knows my weaknesses when it comes to backrubs. That's how he gets me to watch movies with him when I'd rather do something else. Silly boy. I'll let you know if I was able to remain strong tonight or not. : )


Comments

  1. Not sure that Star Wars is worth a back rub or not...hummmmmmm...let me think on that one !!!!
    Good job on the applesauce. 25 years ago I use to do can like that and if I looked really hard ...I could probably find some of that in jars in the basement still !!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ...I see that your Live Traffic feed decided that I left Wilton Iowa and moved to Iowa City. Makes you wonder where or how they decide that !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look