Egypt

I haven't posted any fun school pictures lately because...well...we haven't done anything fun lately during school hours.  I have gotten into a bad rut the past three or four weeks of not taking time to adequately prepare.  Bad me.  I have a higher goal than just scraping by with the bare necessities.  We are finishing up our ITBS testing today, so next week I will be ready to do more fun and creative stuff with school again.  I am publicly saying that now so I have a bit of accountability in that area.  Yesterday, was our history day, but I didn't get to it during school hours.  So we decided (or I decided) that we would do it after supper last night.  We were reading about the Middle and New Kingdoms of Egypt.  So we made reed boats (out of very colorful straws - all I could find).  The kids didn't mind the outlandish colors one bit.  We have many more fun projects to do regarding Egypt history, but we ran out of time last night.  We will have to hit it up next week.  I will post pictures too!  Here is Abby trying to "smile pretty" for the camera with her reed boat.  The boats are supposed to be able to float.  We'll check them out today during bath time to make sure they do! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look