New Love

I found a new favorite place to go - the new Kalona Coffee shop! Aaron and I dropped the kids off at Friday classes this morning and then went there for a mini-date in the middle of the day. It opened up a few weeks ago. I think I will try to get there as much as possible. It's almost exactly like a coffee shop I want to own when I get big (or when my kids get big). The only thing missing was cheesecake and a few more pastries. AND, it is another source of Monster Mash ice cream if I wear out my welcome at the downtown ice cream shop here. I giggled with glee when I saw they served it there. Aaron and I think we may do more mid-day date visits there while Friday classes are in session. A wonderful way to start the day. We didn't have too much time to loiter there today though. Aaron had a chiropractor appointment and I took that time to walk the 3.8 miles from the chiro to Friday class location to get a few more miles in since I didn't run/walk much earlier this week. My legs felt great and my foot didn't hurt while walking. Tomorrow is my last "long" run/walk of 8 miles. I am going to try to run parts of it and see how I feel with that. 9 days to go! Aaron's leg is slowly feeling better too - so there is much more hope going on in our house.

Aaron's folks are back in town visiting for the weekend. The kids are having an overnight out at their house tonight. Yea! Maybe for once I will get to bed at a decent hour. We are going to be working at going to bed early this week in preparation for our marathon. I hope we succeed with that. Why is it so hard to stop doing what you are doing to go to bed - even when you're completely tired out? I think I need about two more hours in the day to get things done - 24 hours hasn't seemed like enough lately. Maybe I just need to simplify and cut back on nonessential things - like housecleaning! Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. Another similarity between us (this is getting weird): we both want to own a coffee shop one day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look