Weekend Fun!

We had a crazy awesome weekend here.  How was yours?  In my last post, I was dreaming of food due to our fast.  We ended it on Saturday evening when we met together as a church for some great time of prayer and worship together.  What a powerful night!  Amazing!  God did some pretty awesome things there.  And of course we got to end the night together enjoying a meal together - for some of us, the first taste of food in three days.  I struggled during the day as I made the food for the evening meal, but since I was already on the home stretch, I knew I could last a few more hours.  I made some homemade bread (made the house smell SOOOO good - if I could eat the air, I would have).  I also made some homemade chicken noodle soup.  I will admit that I sampled the broth a few times to make sure it was seasoned properly.  I didn't do that last year when we did this and I thought it tasted a little bland last year.  You don't want your first bite of food to be of bland soup.  So this year, I decided that sampling broth would be okay.  I just tried to not sample every three minutes to make sure it still tasted okay.  Hee hee.  We topped it off with fresh fruit and veggies to go with it.  A perfect first meal.  I just wished that I could have eaten more!  But I'm trying to not go overboard with eating everything in sight.

Sunday, after church, we had some friends over.  We decided to have a make your own pizza lunch party.  Aaron had been dreaming about it while he was fasting.  So we got everything ready (I had made the dough the night before and had it rising in the fridge overnight) and made the pizza(s) of our dreams for lunch. Aaron and I split a Canadian bacon and pineapple one that he made.  I made one with pesto as the sauce, fresh tomatoes, spinach, walnuts, touch of sausage (don't want to get too healthy here), a few black olives and cheese.  Oh. My. Word.  I could have eaten that all day.  I did not take a picture of it because that would waste precious seconds from the time I could shovel it into my mouth.  I did eat too much for my still shrunken stomach, but it was worth it.  So good.  We had more fresh fruit and veggies on the side, but I didn't eat too many of those (with the exception of a large pile of apple slices because they tasted SO GOOD - Pink lady is now my new favorite apple). 

Once we had cleaned up from lunch, we flopped on the couch with our extended bellies and watched the Packers/Bears game.  I think I even slept for about 5 minutes while the game was on.  I was happy with the Packer win.  The second football game was on later that night on CBS.  Unfortunately, we don't get that channel since the switch to digital TV.  So I had the brilliant idea of inviting our family over to my parent's house so we could watch it there.  They didn't seem to mind my self-invitation and even fed us some more food.  I ate ice cream there.  And popcorn.  And a double stuff oreo (yes, I stopped with only 1!).  And I ate the mushrooms off the kid's pizza.  I did begrudgingly share a bit of my almond butter with my mom so she could try it.  She didn't immediately swoon with adoration over it.  I was offended.  Deeply offended. 

The Jets lost, so I was a bit sad.  But not that sad.  I'm going for Packers to win the SuperBowl.  I usually pick the teams that don't win, so I think I just guaranteed the title to the Steelers now. 

Today is continuing the joy of the weekend.  I get to soon visit my friend Sara who just had a little boy this weekend.  I used to babysit for her two girls last school year - Grace & Sophia.  So Abby is excited to see her best friend Grace very soon.  I have enjoyed a delicious breakfast and lunch and am looking forward to sharing a lovely supper with friends tonight where I don't have to cook the main dish!  It seems this post is centering around food a bit.  I think I'll balance out in the next few days.

I did get in a good run this morning.  Temps weren't too bad - it was about 17 this morning.  There was a fairly stiff wind for part of it that numbed the cheeks up and we only lost our footing on the ice a few times.  : )  But this year, neither Julie nor I have fallen.  There is a certain corner that is always very slick.  We call it the Corner of Death - Julie fell there last year, and we've had several near misses there too.  But we now know to go VERY carefully at that corner.  I sure do love spring time weather.  Only a few more months to go! 

Well, I had better stop now.  It's time for horn lessons for David and then I should probably make myself look a little more presentable to go visit Sara.  I can't say that I look very hot lounging around in my running clothes from the morning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look