Cold Treadmill

This morning it was cold outside - like 7 degrees and a windchill below zero.  I didn't feel like braving the cold this morning, so I planned to run on the treadmill.  Since our house is kind of small, we keep our treadmill out on the back porch (three seasons porch) to give us a little more space indoors.  I suppose we could put it in our bedroom, but I'm sure Aaron wouldn't appreciate my early morning runs very much.  So apparently, it was too cold for even my treadmill to run this morning.  I usually start it off at a walk to help me and the treadmill both warm up.  It went for about 25 seconds before grinding to a stop.  I'm really hoping it was just cold this morning and didn't want to work out instead of dead.  I would be sad if it was dead.  Then I would have to go and brave the cold to go and run.  Although this morning I did not brave the cold.  I was already feeling too wimpy as it was (reason for wanting the treadmill run).  So I did the next best thing... I ran indoors.  Yep.  I ran inside the house while everyone was sleeping.  Definitely didn't have a speed workout, but it felt good to get the blood moving in my body for awhile this morning.  I stopped when the kids woke up so they wouldn't wonder if their mom was going crazy. 

So let's hope my treadmill revives once the back porch isn't so cold - it said it was under 10 degrees out there this morning.  I think I was asking too much of it.  And if I have to spend the rest of the winter running outside, then I guess I'll just be that much more thankful once spring arrives and I can run with 20 less pounds of clothing on me. 

Comments

  1. Ha! This is why I love you (reason #23508).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make laps around Aaron while you were running ???? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look