TV Trash

I had a lovely day yesterday.  School was finished quickly in the morning and then after lunch, Aaron's folks took the kids up to the Children's Museum for the day.  What a treat for all!  The kids had a blast hanging out there with Grandma & Grandpa while I got to have a blissful afternoon all by myself.  I didn't do anything too spectacular.  Mainly just hung around home getting things done and making supper.  One thing I did allow myself to do was to watch TV while folding the mountain of laundry.  I don't watch TV much at all because usually I'd rather be doing something else than sitting down all day long.  I especially don't watch it during the daytime hours as the moment the TV gets turned on, all of my children seem to have this magnetic pull towards it and must stand there with half-glazed eyes as they inhale all that's being fed to them from the TV.  It's much easier to keep the TV off than to police what they watch.  The main things we let them watch would be their favorite show AFV on Sunday nights, the occasional episode of Wipeout, Olympics (which is when the TV is on many hours every day), and if they want to watch football with Aaron and me, then that's great.  : )  Usually, I don't even think about the desire to watch daytime TV, except for when I'm sick.  That's when watching trashy TV shows comes in handy because it makes you realize that you could have it a lot worse than being sick.  A good dose of perspective helps take care of feeling sorry for myself when I'm sick.  So yesterday, I got my fill of trashy TV shows and I should be set for the next year when I have another random day at home alone. 

Today is back to reality.  I was supposed to have a dentist appointment this morning, but David felt sick when I got him up, and Abby had a random two hour fever the night before.  So I rescheduled and ended up having the whole day at home.  Yea!  Cleaning day is taking place.  Kids are working on their chores so they can get a bit of computer time now.  I'm sure they'll be finished up soon and running in asking for when I will be done so they can each have their allotted time.  So I have better finish this up and get busy myself! 

Comments

  1. Ha. I always find when I'm sick there isn't much to watch. This is about the only time I really want cable TV - HGTV and TLC would do me well in sick moments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look