I'm Back...with Pictures!

We travelled out to Indiana this past weekend.  Aaron's side of the family all got together for Christmas.  We stayed at a bed and breakfast type place - a little more than that, but more comfortable than a hotel.  It was a fun time.  The cousins all enjoyed hanging out together again and everyone got along quite well for the most part.  I guess that's what happens when you grow up.  : )  I took along my camera and gave it to Aaron to take pictures since I have the bad habit of toting it around but never taking any pictures.  (This blog has definitely been helpful to my picture taking issues.)  We had presents for the kids that they got to open up on Saturday morning.  Here are pictures of my three beautiful children.  Excuse the red eyes on Abby - I'm too lazy to edit at the moment.

David likes to decorate himself with all the discarded Christmas trimmings.
I think I look kind of nerdy here, but I thought I'd include it here anyway.
Now I look really nerdy.  Just imagine me snorting while I laugh and the nerd picture is complete.
Grandma and Grandpa pictured with their 9 grandchildren.  This was the best we could do as not everyone was feeling cooperative.  Unlike my side of the family, there is not a lack of boys here. 
While we're in the posing mood, here is our mostly happy family - Abby was starting to feel anti-picture taking at this point. 
Me and the love of my life.
The kids received this cool runner sled from Aunt Bev.  I think I was more excited about it than they are.  I can't wait to go and try it out.  And thankfully, it just snowed today, so we have plenty of snow to play in!
The girls also received matching jammies made by Aunt Bev.  Grandma Kay made them little stuffed kitties that match their jammies.  Abby's kitty is clutched in her arms.  Again, Abby was feeling anti-camera at this point and didn't enjoy all the attention.
One other highlight of the weekend that I do not have a picture of (since Aaron didn't come with me), is getting to visit ever so briefly with my dear friend Kim.  I went to visit in the afternoon while people were sleepy and ready for naps so I don't think I was missed much.  It was fun to see Kim's new house (new since June) and visit for a few hours.  I headed back to the family in the midst of lots of blowing snow, made driving a little difficult, but I made it.  I even passed an Amish guy snow skiing while being pulled by a buggy on my drive through the blinding snow.  That was...interesting.

And in case you were wondering, I have not forgotten David in my interviewing posts.  I'll try to get around to it in the next day or so.  Have a lovely day.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look