Day-O-Fun

I've definitely been having a good day today.  Nothing spectacular has happened, but good nonetheless.  I'll start off with a picture from yesterday's fun with Grace.  She has a weak eye and so she has to wear a patch over her glasses to help strengthen her eye.  My girls decided to join in and show solidarity with her.  Ana is sporting our one and only pirate eye patch.  Abby was not deterred by the lack of eye patches and swiftly put a pair of underwear on her head to pull down over one eye.  She also kindly lent Grace a pair of her underwear (clean) so Grace could also sport a cool hat like hers.  Abby is in favorite dress #3.  Ana is wearing her Indian princess dress and shawl.  Grace is borrowing a summer dress of Abby's to wear over her clothes.
Later on in the day, Ana made a picture for Grace.  She cut out all the shapes from other colored paper and added some star stickers.  I thought it turned out pretty cool.  Ana was pleased with it too.
This morning I cleaned.  Not for myself, of course!  I did my once a month cleaning job.  I just have to say that I clean for the coolest people around.  J. reads my blog and noticed my unnatural affection for almond butter.  She shared that with M and he went and had this sitting on the table for me this morning when I arrived.  I nearly swooned!  Notice the look of sheer euphoria bordering on creepiness?
My very own tub of freshly ground almond butter!  It can't get any more natural than this.  I ate some for my lunch when I got home.  I first enjoyed a small spoonful plain.  Then I had it on bread (okay three pieces of bread).  I am spoiled.  I also received my cold starbucks mocha frappecino while there.  I saved part of it for Aaron.  He could have had it all since I was too enamored with my almond butter to notice much of anything else.  And M. sent me home with a grapefruit to give to the girls.  They are the only ones left in our family who enjoy them.  I used to like them.  Then I got pregnant and thought they sounded really good.  It was good, until I puked it up a few minutes after it hit my stomach.  Since then, I haven't been able to do grapefruits anymore. 

I made some pumpernickel bread for Aaron yesterday.  He loves pumpernickel bread - maybe almost as much as I love almond butter.  I thought that I did not like pumpernickel bread, but I realized it was only the taste of the caraway seeds that are often put in pumpernickel bread that I despise.  If you have it without the seeds, it's quite tasty.  But that doesn't qualify as pumpernickel bread for Aaron.  So I made a small loaf for myself without seeds, and made two larger loaves for Aaron and the kids with the nasty bits of caraway seeds. 

Here's another amazing bit of eating prowess from me.  I resisted ice cream last night.  As a thank you for watching the girls yesterday, Sara's mom got us a tub of ice cream - chocolate brownie fudge deliciousness all in one.  She also got the kids each a little container of Dippin' Dotz.  So after supper, we let them eat their dots and we decided that we would hold off on the ice cream and save it for another day.  Can you believe it?  It was very hard!  We are trying to cut back on the frequency of our sugar consumption a bit and make it be an actual treat instead of an everyday right.  So yea for us!  I think we'll indulge in it this weekend.  Delayed gratification will make it all the more tastier! 

Tonight, I get to eat out!  This makes me happy.  Very happy.  I love to eat out.  I've been excited for it all day.  The kids get to go to Grandma's house for the evening, so they will be happy too.  And finally, the temperature is above freezing right now!  I'm hoping that this will clear up all the sidewalks and roads that we run on and make our morning runs less treacherous and maybe just a little faster.  I'll give a report after my next run.  Have a great weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look