What Has Happened?

I truly apologize for my lack of blogging lately.  I'm not sure what has happened, but I haven't had any amazing experiences to write about lately and therefore, I don't have much to post about.  I'll see what I can dredge up tonight for you.  : ) 

Our church is doing a week of focused prayer and fasting as a congregation.  Some are fasting completely from food for a few days, others doing just partial fasts from certain foods, or fasting from certain things that tend to take up a lot of time.  We are doing this to seek God together for our church and to bring about new focus for this year.  We do it every year about this time and it's always been a good experience that helps me see how dependant I am on things other than God.  I decided to do a total three day fast this year.  Yesterday wasn't too bad.  Today has been harder.  I see food all around me.  I realize how mindlessly I pop food into my mouth just about all day long when I catch myself just about to eat something.  I have also realized just how much time I spend preparing, eating, and cleaning up from meals.  I have so much free time that I really don't know what to do with myself!  The kids are still eating, obviously, but I've been making simple things for them that gets me out of the kitchen and away from temptation faster.  And today for lunch, they made their own sandwiches.  Tomorrow night, we are all gathering together for a time to worship and prayer and then we will have a meal together.  I can't wait!  I'm definitely excited to eat again.  I miss it.  : )  I didn't get all my leftover squash eaten up before my fast, so it is sitting in the fridge all lonely for me.  I will come for it tomorrow night! 

On other news, I've realized that it's been far too long since I've gone to the coffee shop - I think it's been since November.  I really need to amend that oversight on my part.  I love that place.  Friday classes with the kids will start back up in February.  Unfortunately, they changed this up this semester and will no longer offer classes for 4 year olds.  I was sad.  I thought Abby would be much sadder than she was, but we said that we would take her to the coffee house with us on our Friday's and let her eat a cookie there since she couldn't go to Friday classes this time around.  The idea of a cookie and playing at the coffee house seems to make it all better.  Next year, she will officially be in school, so she can go to Friday classes as much as she wants. 

We've had some random sicknesses going on this week too.  David had a random tummy ache one morning, Abby randomly threw up in the night (thankfully, there was a bucket right there and she made it into it - though she didn't tell me about it and David found it later in the afternoon - YUCK!), she and I have both had a bit of upset tummy earlier this week.  At least I didn't puke!  But I think everyone is feeling better now.  That's good.  I really dislike it when our kids puke.  That is the one thing I wish I never had to deal with.  Last year, everyone but me had the stomach bug at the same time.  It was epic.  It ruined Aaron's streak of like 25 years of never throwing up.  We all had coffee ice cream and sat down to watch a movie for the night.  Soon, Ana threw it all up.  About 20 minutes later, David followed.  Aaron and Abby were later on in the night.  I think there was a point in the middle of the night where three of them were almost simulatenous in their puking.  I remained untouched.  And to this day, no one wants to even come close to Caribou Coffee ice cream - except for me.  I think I could buy a carton and have it entirely to myself!  Bhwahahaha!  I think I may have to do that someday. 

Hmmm...  that's about all my brain can come up with for tonight, unless it's talk of food.  But I don't want to go there right now, lest my resolve weaken.  I will make it until tomorrow evening!  Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Are you able to run without any food in you? Perhaps you can use that and the cold to take a break.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look