Woo Hoo!

I have an hour and a half before we leave to go pick up our company from the airport and only a few small last minute things left to do (get clean sheets on the bed, sweep the floor, and do breakfast dishes). Yea! My house is not spotless (probably never will be), but it is still pleasing to me.

I got my run in last night. It took me awhile. I ran 12.5 miles - half of that was straight into a very heavy wind (steady around 25 mph according to the forecast, with gusts up to 35-40mph). I thought it was mainly coming from the west, so I ran that way first while I was still fresh. But later on in my run, when I turned north, it felt like I was running straight into the wind again. Argh! So apparently it was a NW wind and it felt strong in both directions. But I got it done just as it was starting to get dark. I came home to find that while I was out plodding along Aaron had taken the kids to the little family diner in town and then gotten ice cream afterwards. No fair! At least there was ice cream leftover for me. They would have been in big trouble if I was ice creamless after my run. :)

On other news, David has decided he wants to play the French horn in band. Aaron played that in high school. So we are taking Aaron's old one to the music store to get tuned up and majorly cleaned. It has a couple of sticking valves that need to get fixed.

Well, I had better go and finish up my last chores before the fun of the weekend begins! Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone! Sorry, no pictures today.

Comments

  1. Have a great time with your company. Try not to think of your poor poor (pity me) mother at home by herself waiting for an email from you but alas none comes. Sigh. BUT as I said ...have a good time !!!! HA !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look