Soccer, Skunks, and Moles

Things have been a little crazy around here lately. I feel like I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and relax for awhile. And I'm feeling behind on pretty much everything right now. I don't like that feeling. Makes a little stressed, which can make me a little irritable. So I'm working on getting things done so I can relax some and also trying to be realistic about what I can actually get done. Need to let go of my ideals of perfection on everything I do!

Yesterday, the kids had their first game of fall soccer. David and Ana played at the same time yesterday, so I only got pictures of Ana - I told David I'll get pictures of him next week. I think they all enjoyed it. Ana is on the light blue team below.
Throwing the ball in from the side.
Abby got to play soccer too this year. She's having such a good year of getting to do "big kid" stuff finally after half a lifetime wait for her. She liked playing goalie because she got to touch the ball a lot. She was happy when she got it - whether or not she let a goal get by. David is there behind her cheering her on as goalie.
Her team had few kids to start with, and half of her team didn't want to play and stood on the sideline buried in their mother's legs. Needless to say, the orange team dominated us.
Abby also had her share of randomly running off the field to get drinks of water, give me her ponytail holder, or update me on the status of her pinky toe. But she was really happy about playing and was grinning most of the time, except the time that someone stepped on her pinky toe. Below is the beginning of one of her self-imposed breaks. I think this was the pony tail holder one.
On other notes, I saw my first live skunk briefly this weekend. I've only seen them laying alongside the road in the past. David used to ask me when he was little as to why the various animals he saw were lying asleep on the road. He was sad to realize they weren't in fact sleeping, but dead. Anyway, I saw this skunk as he waddled out in front of my van as I was driving along. Needless to say, he is now sleeping on the road too. My van is a little stinky now, but it's slowly wearing off.
We're also in the midst of a mole issue in our basement. They apparently have found a good way into our basement and I have caught them in my mousetraps. I think I'm up to six now in the last three months. Only one mouse in that time too. I'm thinking perhaps the first one out on an exploration trip and got caught; so now the rest of the moles are sending out search parties for their buddy and keep tracking him to the "place of no return". Does anyone know a good way to seal up a hole like that once I find it? I figure if I have that many moles coming in, mice will be sure to follow. I wonder if Stanley and Joey will be interested in catching anything they see? As long as it's not the Christmas Mouse - I'll have to explain that one another day closer to Christmas time.
Well, back to cleaning I go now. Aaron's folks will be in town tonight for a few days. We're excited for the visit. But I need to get to work now so I won't be too horribly embarrassed by the state of my house. Ack!

Comments

  1. I've heard the best way to plug a mouse hole is to use steel wool - because the mice can't chew through it. I would imagine maybe moles would have a similar problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim but depending on the hole...you could also use that expanding foam stuff. Liked Abby's team stories...cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look