Date Night Recap

Our date night was quite lovely! We got a little bit of a late start since this is cross country season and practice ending times always vary. But by 7:00, we were nearly to town and would soon be eating at our new favorite restaurant. We decided to try new things on the menu and I was a little saddened by our choices as they didn't turn out quite as fabulous as I had hoped. But the company I had there was very delightful and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. We decided since we hadn't nearly stuffed ourselves completely full, that we had just enough room for ice cream - there's always room for ice cream in my book. So we squeezed some in along our way home. Since it was getting late, we decided not to visit the bookstore, but to go home and watch our movie that we had waiting for us from Netflix. We ended up staying until midnight so instead of an early morning run like I had planned, we treated ourselves to the luxury of sleeping in until 9:00 (an unheard of hour!). It was so wonderful. We made a breakfast of pancakes and then went to pick up the kids. They were sad to see me come. That's always a good sign that they were having fun.

Later on in the day, I got my 12 mile run/walk in and felt pretty good about that. Next week is our last big long run (20 miles) before we start tapering for the marathon. I'm hoping it goes well. Well, the kids are hungry now so I had better find something to feed them. All for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look