20 Miles = Done!

I did it! I completed my 20 mile run/walk. I am quite pleased with myself. The kids spent the night last night at my parents' house so Aaron and I could both run at the same time. We decided to do an out and back to my parents house, which is conveniently located 10 miles from us. It would provide us with a pit stop to use potties and refill water bottles. Aaron ran the first mile with me, which was fun. We haven't been able to run together much in the last 10 years since having kids. We used to do it more. Of course, Aaron is faster than me, so he took off after that first mile and ran his own pace while I ran mine. We knew we'd see each other again in passing once he turned around and headed back. But the closer I got to my parents house, he wasn't around. I began to get somewhat concerned and even wondered if I had somehow missed seeing him. That would be pretty much impossible, but it went through my mind. When I got to my mom's, there he was, sitting with ice on his calf. It started to hurt about a half mile from their house and he unfortunately wasn't able to continue his run. He feels sad and bummed out by that. Hopefully he can be okay for the marathon. Running there, was all into the wind - which was quite chilly. I was very cold the first 10 miles. Plus, it was lightly raining off and on during my run too. So at mom's, I borrowed some stretchy gloves and had much warmer hands after that. Plus I had the wind to my back the entire time of going home. That was pleasant. I ended up in a run 3, walk 1 cycle. It seemed to work pretty well and broke it up mentally for me too. I think I could have done 6 more miles if it was race day. So I feel encouraged by my run. Now to rest for the rest of the day and stay off my feet! They are tired! Here are a few pictures to enjoy while I sit. This is of Ana eating some incredibly adorable grapes we couldn't resist. I don't know if you can completely tell how tiny these grapes are, but they are about the size of peas. Both Ana and I thought they were too cute to pass up - plus they weren't too expensive, so we splurged on cute grapes. They make us smile.
Here is Abby dressed up as a princess. I'm not sure what's up with the head tilt thing. I took three pictures trying to have her stop tilting her head to the side, but to no avail. This one is least obnoxious. I guess princesses know how to get their way when they look cute and will use whatever means necessary to look cute.
But princesses can't be expected to behave and be cute ALL the time.
And here is Abby all ready for Friday classes. She had a very good time and enjoyed it very much. The one thing she was sad about (or indignant) was that she didn't get to change rooms for her second class and had to stay in the same room. That apparently is a bad thing.

Comments

  1. I admire your run/walking the 20 miles....I still think you are insane.....Just kiddin'! Maybe I am just bummed out that I have trouble just walking anymore. Your children are so well behaved when they come. No trouble whatsoever. Good job of parenting plus I think they inherited their good behavior genes from both sets of model grandparents !!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of Abby are cracking me up - good princess description too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look