Pyramids

Last week, we studied a bit of ancient Egypt history. We'll come back to it a little later on in the year as the Egyptian history unfolds through the course of time. The kids read several books about pyramid building and then built their own pyramids out of marshmallows and/or sugar cubes. They greatly enjoyed it.
Ana and her finished product - along with the Sphinx - unfortunately, it doesn't show up well on this picture.
David's sugar-cube pyramid.
Abby ate more marshmallows that I care to know about. I did draw the line at eating the sugar cubes, though. Besides, the pyramid laborers do need to eat something!
Ana wanted to see how many marshmallows she could cram in her mouth - I think it was over 20.
We also made a small Nile River two weeks ago and planted grass along the banks. Every week we flood the Nile to water our grass. This is a highlight of the week for them. I think trimming the grass will be fun for them too - as long as there is no fighting over who gets to do what or who trimmed more than the other.

Comments

  1. You are SO CREATIVE (even though you say you are not) Your kids are lucky to have you as a teacher. I'm impressed. (I know ...I know...you all say, "You have to say that because you're my mother.") But I REALLY am impressed with your teaching skills. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! We often make igloo's out of sugar cubes with out gingerbread houses in the winter, but we've never done pyramid's. We're going to do that! Love the Nile River too! What book are you using?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look