Great Weekend

What an awesome weekend we had! It was full of old friends and new friends. I got everything done that needed to get done so that I could relax and enjoy the weekend. We had some really good, insightful talks with the couple that was staying with us. They brought some fresh perspective to our lives on a few things we've been wrestling with. Keith also was able to preach at our church on Sunday and had a great sermon. He talked of maturity and how really, life is not all about us - though we often think it is. So true! I think I'll spend the week digesting all the good things I heard.

Other fun things we did - eat yummy food, eat cheesecake (cheesecake goes above and beyond yummy food and gets its own separate category), play table ping pong (David beat everyone but me, so I guess that officially makes me the best player around - oh yeah), stay up way past our bedtime, tour Wellman (didn't take long), and eat ice cream (also gets its own separate category). There are three pieces of my cheesecake left - it's a lemon-raspberry cheesecake. Would it be bad if I ate some for breakfast?

Due to the long weekend and needing to catch up on things and the fact that we are having more people over later tonight, I decided we will take the day off from school. I was planning on doing it, but I need a recovery day. The kids will be happy. So will I. : )

Picture of the day - girls playing at in-law's pond. They were very happily making big holes in which to sit.

Comments

  1. It is never bad to eat cheesecake ....morning, noon and night !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look