Hummus?

I got a weird craving for hummus last night. Not sure why. I usually don't like it because all the stuff I've ever tried taste like... well, bland, pureed garbanzo beans. I decided I can make it better and to my taste. My beans soaked overnight and this morning I went to work. I looked up a few recipes for my base to start from and found the components I thought would make it better. I'm more of a "bit of this, a bit of that" type cooker anyway, so that's what I did - no measuring, just tossing. Things I added - 3 cloves of garlic, cumin, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and a garlic/chili paste I found in my condiment section of the fridge. Pureed that in my handy dandy new food processor and had a taste. Yum! That's what hummus should taste like (for me, at least!). I wonder if Aaron would like it. He despises all things garbanzo. He might actually like this if I can get him to give it a try. Right now, I have some pita bread dough rising in the oven. I think this will be the basis of my lunch today. Yum!

Comments

  1. Interesting...I have never tasted hummus. What are you eating it with? I do like garbanzo beans...they are tasty in a salad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look