Anticipation

Two years ago, Abby became aware that she was "missing out". Our homeschool group offers several 8 week sessions we simply call "Friday classes". The kids are given the opportunity to get together with other homeschool kids and explore different classes of their choosing - sometimes more heavy on the learning, others more heavy on the fun exploration. I LOVE Friday classes! They give me a chance to send my kids off to someplace different where they will get instruction from a teacher other than me and learn to be a kid in a group of other kids. It's an all around win-win situation. Abby, at the tender age of two, realized that she did not get to do this amazing thing that her older siblings got to do. What sadness this caused! For two long years, she watched with longing and sometimes tears when we said good-bye at the door to David and Ana as they happily scurried off to class.

Last year, they started offering Friday classes to four year olds as well. Imgaine the joy Abby felt when I told her that now that she's a big four year old she can go to Friday classes this year instead of having to wait until her Kindergarten year. She is nearly beside herself with giddy anticipation. Tomorrow is the long awaited day that Friday classes begin. Everytime I mention it, she gets the biggest smile on her face. It's a magical time as she finally gets to do the thing she has longed to do.

For me, I am nearly as excited as she is because I will be able to drop ALL of my kids off this year and have two blessed hours all to myself to do as I please. That is a major treat to me. I plan to fully enjoy every Friday morning that I can for these next 8 weeks and again in the spring semester when they do the next session. Thank you home school group! Two hours to bring back quiet sanity to my life!

On other exciting news, Saturday is our last BIG training run for the marathon before we start to taper! Yea! The kids are spending the night at my parents house so we can get an early start to our 20 mile run and both run at the same time instead of taking shifts with kids & running. I think it will take awhile to complete. I plan on continuing my run/walk pattern so that my foot will not protest too much (I hope!). I will hopefully report back later on Saturday with good news of a good run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look