School Day

Today is day number eight in our schooling. It's starting to feel a little more comfortable. I'm getting the hang of the various new things we've added and it's starting to feel more routine. I'm continually tempted to skip things and make our day shorter, but I just keep telling myself that it is not allowed. Attitude with one certain individual continues to be a struggle. I'm trying to find ways to combat that. Today I had a spray bottle of water and would squirt the offending bad attitude anytime it reared its nasty head. That usually got some giggles going instead of whines and fusses. Does anyone have ideas on how to help motivate a child who is grouchy about doing pretty much anything I ask for school? I'm open to all suggestions!

We enjoyed our night last night reconnecting with friends we don't see very often. Our one friend is in the Air Force and was back in the States for a small time. We always love when he gets to stop by for a visit. He adores spicy food, so I made some fresh salsa for all of us to enjoy. For the most of us, I used 1 1/2 jalapenos for our entire large bowl of salsa. For him, he got 2 1/2 jalapenos in one small bowl of his salsa (complete with seeds). He was delighted. I like spicy food, but I think it would have been too spicy for me. I didn't even try it!

And today's random picture of the day is of the most crooked street in the US. It's called Snake Alley and it's located in Burlington, Iowa. David has always wanted to see it, so while we were in Burlington this past summer, we stopped and walked the road. It pleased his love of random trivia facts.

Comments

  1. Since I am not a teacher...not sure and since you can't trade the offender off on a "new model" have you thought of giving the non-offenders some extra privileges or perks? Perhaps when the offender sees what they get to do or such and they don't ...and if it is explained that they get this because of their good attitude about school.......????? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look