Home Day!

Today, I get to stay home for the ENTIRE day! What a treat! I've hardly had a chance to be at home the past three days with various appointments, meetings and taking kids to various activities. So today is a day to catch up a bit at home. On the agenda for the day is to get in a full, unrushed day of school, get the house clean and to deal with this pile sitting in my kitchen.

In "Ideal-Land", I would get all of them dealt with by the end of today and have many quarts of nicely canned applesauce to show off from my labors. However, Ideal-Land rarely happens. I've been chipping away at this pile over the last week doing a small batch here and there as I have time. I love having a pile of apples to preserve in some way. I don't love the process, but definitely love the end result. I made a couple of apple pies last night for our small group. They were so yummy - unfortunately, Aaron ate the last piece as part of his complete nutricious breakfast. So there is no more pie. Sadness. I discovered the joy of pear pie last year. I think I may have to revisit that joy with some of my pears there as well. There are many more pears to be picked. Maybe some pear crisp would be good too. And I LOVE dried pears - that's what I usually do with my pile of pears. Yum.

On other notes, I've been reading a fascinating book called "Your Right-Brained Child in a Left-Brained World". It talks a lot about ADD (which we don't deal with in our house), but I picked it up mainly because of the right-brained visual learning style, which I'm discovering fits Ana to a T. It's been very helpful to me as her teacher to realize one size does not fit all when it comes to homeschooling. I highly encourage all of you to read it if you have kids, or are yourself a more visual learner. I tend to be more visual in my thinking/learning style, but teach in a more linear style, which is what I learned to do in school. So it's opened my eyes to different ways of doing things and meeting Ana in a way that is more palatable to her. I am really enjoying this book. It is also helping me get my work done at home so I can hurry up and get back to my book!

Speaking of which, I need to go and do that now. Enjoy your day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look