Happy Heart

I had taken five nice pictures to share with you.  When I went to load them onto the computer, I realized that I had left my memory card in the computer while I was taking pictures, alas, there will be no picture for you to enjoy.  No, wait!  I just figured out that it went to my internal memory.  Not all is lost!!!  Oh happiness! 

Okay, now that my crisis is averted, I will share with you some random things of the weekend that have made my heart happy. 
1.  Friday morning, I decided to run to the coffee shop - 7.3 miles away.  It was a pleasant run, a bit dark to begin with, but it was nice to run there and feel ready to hang out with friends.  I wasn't too gross and smelly, or at least they didn't seem to be grossed out by me.
2.  Return visit to the coffee shop 40 minutes after leaving.  This time went with Aaron and Abby - much fun was had by all.
3.  a house that heats up without the heater being turned up.  Such delight to me!  I love warmth.
4.  a delicious supper shared with friends on Friday night.  Homemade vegetable soup, fresh asiago herb bread, and a salad.
5.  Friends gave me oatmeal cream pies.  Yum!  I may have had two once the kids went to bed.
6.  My first spring flowers!
7.  Mountain bike lesson for David.  He's outgrown his little bike, so I switched him over to my bike.  He had to learn how to get on and off a high bike, use hand brakes, shift gears.  He was getting the hang of it by the end of our "lesson."
8.  Just so you don't think I'm a total health nut from my previous food addiction post, here is what I ate for supper tonight - a whole wheat waffle topped with ice cream, peanut butter, and chocolate sauce.  Heavenly!
9.  And one more thing that made my weekend happy - YOU!  I LOVE reading your comments.  It makes my heart happy each time I get one.  Please keep doing it.  I'll keep asking you questions.  I like to hear more about each of you!  So here's your question for the day:  What's something delightful that you did or had happen to you this weekend?

Comments

  1. Saw a best friend from high school AND two of my sisters. Perfect!! And got to watch basketball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as someone that sat next to you on Firday I did not notice your smellyness if you had any. It was a wonderful weekend. Each day my husband goes anywhere with me is good. I did have to promise not to ask him to do anything for me on Sunday though. Then when I asked him in all his tallness to put the sheets away in the closet he reminded me of my earlier promise. He did it for me though, he is not always a jerk. I just feel like I am smiling all the time and to me that sounds kinda hokey. Pronounced Hoe-kee. Or Hinkey.Pronounced Heen-key. All in all smiling is good. For someone who rarely smiled it does take some getting used to. So thanks to all who know me and love me anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent a lovely weekend with Sunday school friends. We first went to a lovely place to eat in Washington Iowa and then to the Shepherd's Inn at CCC. A wonderful building ...beautifully decorated with a fire place and recliners. Spent the evening making bracelets and devotionals and fruit and cookies! And then connecting by talking till 1 a.m. After a lovely breakfast we did a bit of shopping in Washington and then home on Saturday. A wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look