Friday Love

Yea it's Friday!  That means I spent the morning at the coffee shop!  I love going there.  This morning I didn't eat enough breakfast at home, so I was ravenously hungry when I got there.  Oops.  I didn't feel like eating a pile of sugar, so I saw that they had toast there for 50 cents a slice.  I got two slices thinking that they would be thin nasty store bought slices of bread.  NO!  It was two thick slices of nice homemade bread!  Aaron saw my toast and started eyeing it with jealousy.  I told him that he would need to get his own toast because I definitely wasn't sharing.  I was way too hungry!  I very quickly devoured it and resisted the urge to look like a total pig and get two more slices.  I may have to indulge in their toast again on my next visit. 

Since we didn't do normal school in the morning and Friday classes start at 10:00, I had the wonderful opportunity to sleep in a bit AND get a long workout in.  It was very nice.  I did a 45 minute weight/circuit training, followed by about 25 minutes of running.  Now that the weather is getting warmer, I want to start upping my workouts to get ready for nice weather.  I think I have finally settled on a fitness goal for this year.  I was feeling goal-less for awhile, which does nothing for my motivation factor when I'd rather be in bed sleeping.  So here's my goal:  to run a half marathon under 2 hours.  That would mean running it at under a 9:09 per mile pace.  I think it seems realistic and attainable.  The last time I ran a half marathon (granted it was almost three years ago), I did it in 2:05.  I wasn't training specifically for speed, mainly just for fun and to do it.  So, if I'm actually training now for a little more speed, it seems very reachable.  And motivating! 

Tonight I get to go to one of my favorite restaurants of all time - HuHot - a Mongolian grill.  I love that place, and consistently overeat there.  I can't wait!

Questions for you: 
What are some of your favorite things to eat for breakfast?

Do you have any specific fitness goals for this year?

Comments

  1. Our family favorite breakfast (except the ones that married into our family) all love cornmeal gravy. I know it sounds gross but it is heaven with homemade bread. We pick that for our christmas meal. So needless to say if I WERE to start a fitness plan it wouldnt include cornmeal gravy. But I would like to start walking more. Well maybe starting to walk would be more like it. I cant say more when I really dont do any more walking than I have to. Its on my todo list. Not much of a fan of hu hot. Standing in line waiting and watching them cook my food is not a fun time for me. If I go to a place that cooks for me I want THEM to do the work. not ME. Geeze I sound real lazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look