Dilemma

I learned a valuable lesson today.  Never ask your 10 year old boy to help you with your dilemma when it's choosing between making cookies and not making cookies.  The boy will always side with the cookies.  He ended up making them mostly by himself (no bake peanut butter cookies).  He was quite proud of himself.
So now we have cookies that we have to eat.  I know, it's a rough life I lead. 

I spent the morning at the doctor with Ana.  She's been having a random fever for quite awhile now.  It usually shows up in the afternoons.  So far all the tests they did came back negative.  So now it's a wait and see type thing.  I usually don't take my kids to the doctor unless it's been going on for a long time (like this one) or they seem more than just normal sick that takes time to heal.  We had a nice time together with just the two of us.  David and Abby hung out at a friend's house.  David took his school work there and got that done for the day.  Abby happily played with her little buddies.

On happier news, we finally got our livingroom light fixture changed out.  It went from the darkest room in the house to now the brightest.  I'm still not used to that.  We also got our garage door fixed.  The electric lines to it got cut when the phone company was putting in fiber optic wiring.  We were without power to our garage for quite awhile.  It sure is nice to be able to push a button again to make my doors go up and down.  And the coolest thing about it is that we didn't have to pay for that fix.  The phone company took care of that!  That's good because I think it ended up being a bigger job than they thought it would be.  Lots of digging to replace the cut wires.  Now my back yard will need to be beautified again and have some grass seeded once it dries out from last night's thunderstorm and sufficiently warm.  I hear snow is in the forecast for the weekend.  Sigh.  I am so ready for spring.  I get terrible spring fever about this time every year.  I just want to wander around outside barefoot and in short sleeves. 

How about you?  Do you get spring fever?  Or are you one of those amazingly patient types that happily take what the weather gives you?

Comments

  1. I start to look forward to spring...the first day of winter !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love winter. I wish it would stay cold and snowy all year round.

    Um.

    NOT!

    Spring fever here....YES!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look