Change of Plans

Well, my weekend turned out differently than I had hoped.  I had planned to go out to one of my favorite restaurants (HuHot) with the rest of the leadership team for church.  This was to finally be our Christmas party together.  So we took the kids over to my mom's so she could watch them for the evening.  Yea!  However, approximately three minutes after arriving there, Ana threw up and felt horrible with a fever.  A change of plans was necessary.  I took the girls back home with me, David stayed on with my parents, and Aaron continued on with plans, though feeling much sadder about the evening.  The girls and I didn't do much at home.  It did give me a chance to clean up the house more.  Then everyone from the dinner stopped by after their meal out together brining ice cream to share with me.  So at least I got to have a small part in the evening's festivities.  Joey did his part to help Ana feel better too by keeping her company while she slept.
Ana continued to have fevers throughout the weekend.  I took her in to the doctor today even though she did not have a fever as of yet today.  It seems to come and go at will and has been for the past two weeks.  They are doing a number of tests on her blood to see if they can tell what's causing all of it.  Hopefully we'll have some answers soon or maybe she'll just get better!  Let's hope!  And pray!

But the weekend wasn't all full of sadness.  Aaron made supper for me on Saturday night.  He made huevos rancheros with some beans and tortillas.  It made me happy.
And the best part was last night when he surprised me with a date night!  He got a babysitter for us and took me out to the Olive Garden for a lovely dinner together.  We didn't do much else, but it sure was nice to get out and away for a little while and be a grown up again.  Many plans have been cancelled these past few weeks due to sickness, so I appreciated the extra effort Aaron took to brighten up my night. 

Comments

  1. What a sweet husband you have...(and no...this isn't Aaron secretly writing again) But maybe I might have to change my mind after seeing the picture of the meal he made you...looks might be deceiving...that is either totally yummy or really gross ! Haven't made up my mind yet !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Ana gets better soon - and stays better!!

    And good job, Aaron!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look