Snow!

I woke up this morning to a very unexpected sight out my window.
Normally, I work very hard at not complaining about the weather since it doesn't help make it any different.  But this was a very sad sight to my spring fevered heart.  Thankfully it didn't last the morning and now there are only a few small areas where the sun doesn't reach that have a bit of snow left.  Whew! 
We got the initial results back from all the tests Ana had yesterday to try to figure out what was wrong with her.  A urinary tract infection.  This one was sneaky.  She's had them before and did not display the usual symptoms and didn't show up on the first test they did a week ago.  So she's on some antibiotics for that.  I think they are still going through with the remainder of her blood work to make sure they aren't missing anything else.  But she seems to be feeling better already and has eaten very well today.  Yea!

I went into my room this morning and noticed an unusual lump on the bed.  Can you see it?  That is none other than our cat Joey.  He loves to crawl under blankets and sleep there.  He's been doing it since he was a kitten.  It never fails to amuse me.
With Ana feeling better, she is back to her creative self of making things.  Here she is midway through making a person.  She wants to make it stand on its own and is still working on how to achieve that.
Abby is happily gadding about in some homemade armor and her Indian princess dress.  She's easily amused.  Must be my daughter. 
And David's excitement today is that I signed him up for his very own email account.  He's excited to be able to email his relatives and practice his keyboarding skills.  Me too!

So here's today's question for you to answer for me:  Do you remember life before email?  I remember when I got my first email account in college and not everyone had email then - I think I mainly emailed my sister since no one else had it yet.  I was also at that time learning about the internet and trying to figure out how to surf around on that and wondering if it would prove to be useful in my life. 

Comments

  1. My first email was in middle school: squaffles47. I thought squaffles was a funny word. Squashed waffles. I was odd.

    So glad Ana is okay! So very very sorry about your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my life was lived before email came into existence. We wrote something called "LETTERS". I remember writing to your father before we were married and waiting anxiously for a return letter from him. It seemed to be forever to receive a reply back (and not just because he is a bad letter writter...in those days..he actually wrote letters) It was cool because you could keep those letters forever if you wanted to. But emails would have been so nice too...instant replies! I really love emails...it takes less effort to write to people than to find paper and pen. Truthfully...I think I am addicted to emails. Progress or problem ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Ana is getting better. Give her a big hug from me.
    BEFORE email was the year we spent in Zaire. Our mail came every 4-6 weeks, so it was a very long wait for replies! What a difference between 87-88 in Zaire and 99-00 in Cote d'Ivoire when we had email. I don't remember when we first got email, but dial-up was slow too compared to the high speed we have now. Love email!

    Wish we'd get some snow or rain! We always need moisture here in the high desert. Love to all, MomK/GrammaK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look