Wednesday Happiness

We've been having a pretty good Wednesday over here.  Here are some things that have made me smile today:
  • Overheard conversation Abby was having with herself while playing with her little dolls.  She was making them fight over who was the tallest, while speaking in a very high little voice.  "I'm the tallest!"  "No, I'm the tallest."  "No, I am!"  "No, I'm the tallest!"  "Bam!"  "Hey, don't push your sister off the bridge!"  "Bam!"  "There. Now I'm the tallest!"  Not sure if I should be worried with the violence, but it was funny. 
  • Ana got her first issue of her very own magazine - American Girl.  It's for girls age 7-12.  It has all sorts of craft projects, pictures, ideas for cooking, cute animals - pretty much everything she adores without the preteen smut in so many magazines.  She spent every moment not in school reading it this morning and letting me know what craft supplies we'll need to get so she can make the ideas presented.
  • David made himself some lunch today.  He loves cheese, mayo and mustard sandwiches, so that's what he decided to make for himself.  I happened to look over after he was halfway through his sandwich and noticed that he was missing something.  "David, were you planning to add some cheese to your sandwich, or just eat two slices of bread with mayo and mustard?"  I was greeted with a slightly blank look, then an impish grin, followed by laughter, then, "Oh. Yeah. Guess I forgot the cheese." 
  • A good workout this morning.  Aaron, aka my running coach, had Julie and me run 12 200m intervals at a 50 sec. pace with 50 seconds of rest between.  It was fun.  I like running 200s because they are so short.  Next week, he has a nasty 1/2 mile hill repeat workout planned for us.  That won't be so fun, but it will help us get stronger and faster! 
  • Fun Quick Writes - In school we do "quick writes" several times a week.  They each get a question to answer for the day and have to quickly write down (without planning or thinking too long) their thoughts.  Some questions are plain silly, others are serious.  It's fun to see their thoughts and personality come through.  Ana's question today was "would you rather eat a guitar or a couch? why?"  She chose the guitar.  David had to write down the real ending to the Cinderella story.  It was fun.
  • Family clean up time.  That's what we're going to do now as soon as I get off the computer!  I love having the kids help clean up their messes.  : ) 
For you:  I need some more ideas for quick write prompts.  What are some fun/serious/silly/creative prompts you can think of?  I may just use your ideas in their notebooks!

Comments

  1. quick write prompts: Why did the chicken cross the road? Why do people live in the desert? Describe the main character in a book you'd write. Why are there daffodils?

    Love the stories about everyone's doings. You are such a HAPPY and FUN family and I love you all gobs! K/MK/GK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look