It's Saturday!

Good morning everyone!  It's a lovely, sunny, but somewhat chilly Saturday morning.  Instead of tackling my big to-do list, I am here blogging.  Aren't you happy that you rate above everything else at this moment?  I guess I'm more procrastinating than anything.  But I know I'll get it all done eventually.  Because if I don't, I'll have to stay up very late tonight doing it and I don't want to stay up late.  I prefer sleep. 
Technically, I should have gotten more of my to-do list done yesterday.  But I didn't.  Why?  Well, many reasons, I guess.  The kids had their Friday classes, for one.  They didn't have them at their usual spot so I could go to the coffee house while they were there.  They had them at our previous church.  So Aaron and I took that chance to have a nice long meeting with the pastor there.  He still gives oversight to our church plant and provides much valuable insight, resources, and support to us.  We love him dearly.  So we had a great two hours with him while the kids were at class.  Once classes were over, we came home and had a late lunch and then I did get some things done at that point.  But it was turning out to be a very lovely day in the 50s.  I knew I wouldn't have a chance to get a long run in on Saturday, so I stopped my work and went for a nice 8 mile run.  I haven't run that far in awhile since it's winter, so it took a little longer than normal.  And I will admit that I was wimpy and walked up the two biggest hills because I did not want to run up them.  When I got back, I was hungry, but tired and didn't feel like making supper.  So I sat beside Aaron and whined, making not-so-subtle hints about how hungry I was and wishing someone would make food for me.  Aaron didn't seem to realize I was speaking directly into his life.  We like to make not-so-subtle hints to each other about what we want, instead of just directly asking.  That gives the other person complete freedom to play dumb and not take the not-so-subtle hints until the whiny person finally has to directly ask the other person for what they want.  Yeah, we like to do things like that to each other.  I think it started when Ana was little and would come to us and say things like, "I want something."  And little by little she would add a detail to her desire like, "I want something cold."  Then, "I want something cold and soft."  Eventually we would realize that she wanted ice cream or whatever it was.  But until she would come out and ask for it, we would try to think of things that would fit the description without it being the thing she wanted.  She would eventually get irritated with us and then say what she wanted, "I want ice cream."  She's gotten better about it, most of the time.  But Aaron and I picked up on the little game now and do it to each other.  Abby also does it to a certain extent, but she's usually a little more specific.  Last night, she told me, "I want to sit on someone's lap that has an M, and an O and an M in their name."  I couldn't think of anyone else who fit that charateristic, so she got to sit on my lap.  : )

Anyway, at least the kids picked up on my hint and David and Ana decided that we should have waffles for supper.  We all agreed with that idea, so they set out to make them.  They had never made them before, so I supervised and gave helpful advice while they shared the load of making waffles.  It was nice.  However, we didn't eat until about 7:45.  By that time, it was soon time to get ready for bed.

Our house is old and somewhat cold in the winter since we keep the heat down a bit to help save on heating costs.  We however splurged a bit this winter and bought a portable heater for our bedroom as it gets pretty chilly in there.  So sometimes after supper, if we don't have much to do and just sit around reading, we go to our room and turn on the heater and get nice and warm.  So that's what we did last night.  Abby changed into her jammies and got ready for bed and made herself a little bed on my legs last night while I read.  About 10 minutes later, she was sound asleep.  It was quite cute. 
We moved her up to her room and then got ourselves ready for bed.  I enjoy reading while laying down beside the heater.  I love being warm and this is about the only time of the day that I am finally toasty warm.  Aaron got camera happy when I told him to take a picture of Abby sleeping on my legs.  So here's one acceptable picture he took out of about 30.  I suppose he makes up for my lack of picture taking when he gets camera happy.  But he usually takes about 20 pictures of the exact same thing so I have to wade through all of them and find the one or two that are worth saving.  Excuse the double chin in the picture and the wet hair.  : )  Can you tell I'm thrilled with Aaron and his camera happy-ness?  Usually I'm the target of his excessive picture taking.
Well, I should stop procrastinating and get myself busy.  Aaron and David are off on a father-son adventure today, so it's just me and the girls here today.  So I should get my work done now so we can do something fun together too!

Comments

  1. Twin, I ran 8 miles today! I had no hills but if I had, I would have walked them.

    Also, I'm noticing a theme: your bedroom gets the AC, your bedroom gets the space heater. At some point, the kids are also going to notice this theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlevolving does have a point.....just wait till the children are old enough to notice the injustice....you guys eat steak...they get hamburger, etc, etc. !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're funny! ...and long winded! makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look