Smatterings

Yes, I know, I apologize for those faithful followers who have been missing posts from me (my mom & mom-in-law).  So I will try to not fail you again.  Actually, my mom probably hasn't even noticed that I've not written in awhile.  She and my dad are off having a gay old time visiting my aunt in Vegas - at least that's what they told me they were doing.  They've been gone awhile and I'm beginning to think they may never come back.  Perhaps we'll start moving our stuff over to their house and take it over while they're gone.  Things here have gotten a little out of hand in my end and busyness has overtaken me.  But I know you have all been anxiously awaiting my newest blog post, so here's a brief recap of my weekend...

On Friday, I got to enjoy my morning with fellow women at the coffee house.  I sure do love going there.  It completely makes my day.  It makes it even better when I can go there with friends.  I forgot to switch over to decaf for my second cup of coffee, so as I left, I felt just a bit wired.  Thankfully, I had someplace to go and expend my energy - I went and cleaned house - my once a month job.  I thought I would share this Far Side cartoon with you (I LOVE the Far Side - Gary Larson has the same random humor I do).  The people I clean for have a little manic dog like this that must get jacked up on caffeine every morning.  I felt like I was joining him on Friday in his manic over-caffeinated state. 

Here's another random picture for you of a love/fetish of mine.  While Aaron was sick, I bought him some Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion pretzels.  He likes them.  But I mainly got them for me and tried to pass it off as me being nice.  I love them more than Aaron loves them.  The kids apparently love them too.  I found myself feeling angry at everyone when they would plunge their greedy little hands into the bag of pretzels leaving less and less for me to eat.  I can only buy these once or twice a year for my well being - and for the well being of my family.  I would hate to have one of them lose a hand or finger as I jealously guard the pretzels. 
I got more work done on my stairwell on Saturday.  It took a break from being worked on while everyone was dealing with sickness the past two weeks.  I think I'll need one more good workday on it and then it will be done!  I'll post pictures once I get it all the way finished so you can enjoy it to the fullest.  It already makes my heart happy everytime I go up the stairs. 

The kids got out balloons yesterday and had fun blowing them up into the largest balloons they could possibly make without popping.  Here's Abby with her balloon.  Not sure why she is making a sad face.  She was quite happy about it earlier.  She's the queen of sad faces - though she may share that title with Ana.  Don't you just want to give her everything she could possibly want when you look at those sad little eyes?  Don't worry, I've become mostly immune it to and only give into it when it's worth giving in to.  Shortly after this picture was taken, three of these huge balloons randomly burst (no one touching them) within a very quick succession of each other.  Then the sad face was a real sad face then. 
David wanted me to take a picture of him with his latest lego creation.  So I obliged him.  Such a good mother I am. 
There is not other major exciting news to report right now that I can think of.  Life is marching on and I'm coming with it and trying to keep up with it as well.  It's not unpleasant busyness, just busyness that needs to be done.  I'm having fun along the way.  And I'm trying hard to take time for the important things/relationships along the way (kids, Aaron, God and myself) so as to keep my sanity and keep my joy.  All for now!

Comments

  1. I've missed you!! From one protective food-hoarder to another... love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look