Cookie Time

We made some "Christmas Playdough" yesterday.  What is Christmas playdough?  We made some regular homemade playdough, added green and red food coloring to each half, added glitter, and also some peppermint oil to make it smell yummy.  They kids liked it.  Here they are being their normal goofball selves with it.
Later in the day, I found David reading a book to his sisters.  What a great brother he is.  They look very intense.  Notice Abby's crown and sequined shirt?  I think she was a king at this point in the day.
I had to make treats for the community-wide youth group Aaron is helping with.  I decided to make cookies for the 25-30 kids who would be there.  But I couldn't decide which of my most favorite four kinds to make.  So, in a flash of brilliance, I decided to make all four kinds.  Each makes a small (2 - 2 1/2 dozen) batch, so I "only" made about 9 1/2 dozen cookies yesterday.  A fair amount got eaten by the youth last.  I kept out some for us, but there were still more than I preferred to have sitting around the house.  So Aaron is taking the leftovers to work today.  Hopefully they will get eaten up there.  Here are my four favorites, in no particular order:  peanut butter, chocolate crinkles, chocolate chip, and molasses crinkles.  I adore cookies.  I will eat lots of cookies if they are in my house.  Cookies are dangerous to me.  The most dangerous kind for me to make is whoppee pies, so I only make them about once every three years since the self-control goes completely out the window when I make those.
All for today now.  I'm off to orthodontic appointments for the kids now.  Yea.  Then a trip to the library - that's a true "yea!" not a sarcastic one.  Tonight is family game night.  We haven't had one of those for awhile and so we need to take some time to reconnect as a family.  We all love playing games together, so game night it will be!  Have a great day!

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about cookies...so easy to pop 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 in your mouth! WAY too easy ! I just LOVE your Ginger cookies. Making my mouth water just thinking of them !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look