Christmas Play

Well, our Christmas play went off very well.  The kids did a wonderful job.  They had a lot of lines to memorize and all the kids worked hard to get it all down.  Our dress rehearsal went better than it has in other years.  I came to it extremely prepared after learning the hard way the last few years.  Plus it helps that the kids are all a year older too - it's becoming a little easier to keep track of their own hands and feet and mouths as they get older.  : )  We had a fair number of guests there to enjoy the kids' performance and cheer them on.  That's always great fun for everyone!  Here are a few pictures for the weekend:
David here is playing Ebenezer Scrooge.  His nephew and Bob Crachit are also in this scene.
Scrooge is here with the Ghost of Christmas Past (in red) watching himself as a younger man as his fiance (Ana) breaks off their engagement because he loves money more than her.
The following scene as Scrooge watches his former fiance with her new husband and happy children.
And here we are at the end giving introductions of the cast. 
With the exception of David who played Scrooge, all the other kids played three different characters each.  They did a great job of keeping it straight on which costume to wear at which time (of course they had help with that from my dear friend Sara.  Thanks, Sara!).  We kept costume changes very simple, adding hats, fake beards, simple robes for the ghosts, aprons and shawls.  The preschoolers were involved by being small children in various scenes.  Considering all the movement and rapid scene changes, they did amazingly well!  It was a fun day.  I celebrated their success later that afternoon by taking a nap.  : ) 

This week will be a nice and fun week.  I need to get to town at some point this week and finish up Christmas shopping.  Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.  I don't have too much to do, just a few things here and there for extended family members and some stocking stuffers.  Growing up, we never did stockings.  I never saw what the big deal was about them.  But we do them for our kids and I really enjoy it!  We don't put a lot in them.  I usually get them a special candy of some sort, some individual cracker packs, a couple of small toys, stickers, and anything else that's cheap and small.  They love them!  They are allowed to open up their stockings as soon as they wake up.  They don't have to wait for anyone on that one.  Aaron and I usually sleep in a bit on Christmas and I enjoy waking up to their yells of delight as they look through their stockings.  They are so easy to please.  I love it. 

Comments

  1. Am I the "extended family" you are buying for? HA! Also....forgive me for not doing the stockings that you seem to love so much. Sniff ! Sniff ! I'm sorry for being a bad mama !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look