Merry Christmas Eve!

I love Christmas Eve!  It's so exciting.  All sorts of special things are getting ready to happen or just starting to happen as we celebrate the birth of Jesus! 

Today is cooking day for me.  We are having some friends over for Christmas lunch to help us celebrate.  So I want to get the food mostly ready today so I don't have to do much on Christmas morning other than heat things up.  We're also making cinnamon rolls for our breakfast tomorrow and to give out to neighbors this afternoon. 

I had planned on taking the kids sledding later on this afternoon (courtesy of the beautiful freshly fallen snow we are receiving at the moment).  However, Aaron and I are both battling a cold and don't feel quite at 100%.   So perhaps sledding will have to wait until Christmas Day after our lunch.  I love going sledding! 

This morning, we allowed the kids to open up their Christmas Books from Great Grandma.  That is the only present they can open today.  The rest will wait until tomorrow morning.  They will need to be wrapped first...  : ) 

Aaron and the kids went shopping last week and bought some present for me this years.  They gave me one last night.  I'm excited.  They gave me a Reese's peanut butter big cup.  I've never had one, but my friend Kim salivates at the mere mention of them, so I'm very excited to try them.  I love regular PB cups, so according to Kim, these are WAY better.  The kids also gave me a Soduko puzzle book and a movie.  Very fun.  I've heard I get to open another present today too.  And then there will be one for Christmas morning.  Usually Aaron and I don't do presents for each other, but this year we thought we'd get the kids in on giving gifts to Mom and Dad.  It's kind of fun.  The kids each picked out a gift for Aaron - we're waiting until Christmas morning to give them to him though.

I have a recipe to post, but I think I will wait until another day to do it.  I found a beautiful, yummy way to use some of my squash.  Even David likes it!  Mmmmm.

Merry Christmas (Eve) everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look