Christmas week

We've been enjoying our week.  It's actually slowing down the closer we get to Christmas, if you can believe that!  All the extracurriculars the kids (mainly David) are involved with are taking a nice long Christmas break.  So we don't have to go anywhere unless we want to.  Yea!  What a treat for the next few weeks.

Christmas shopping was finished last night.  Now I just need to wrap some things and then impatiently wait for Christmas along with the kids.  I love watching them open things up.  They are so easy to please and get so excited over the simplest things. 

We had a picnic lunch on our livingroom floor yesterday.  Aaron was home for the morning, so we decided to celebrate with something a little different.  Just a change of scenery seems to make things feel more special.  This morning, hot cocoa with marshmallows was allowed for breakfast.  Another simple pleasure. 

I'm looking forward to spending time with extended family this week/weekend.  The kids are greatly looking forward to cousin time.  I remember growing up with my cousins all very near by and getting together all the time with them.  I loved it!  And I'm pretty sure I planned on marrying several of my cousins when I was younger, until I found out that you couldn't do that.  It made me sad.  But I'm definitely okay with that now.  : )  I just wish we could get all the cousins together more often for playtime these days.  But we take it whenever we can now. 

Well that's all for now.  Short post.  Have a great week as you prepare for celebrating Christmas!  Take a moment to relax and enjoy the little things in your week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look