Fun with Grandma

Here are a few pictures I took while we were home before and after our trip.  These are activities from the advent box.  The first day was a tea party with Grandma.  Since it was lunch time, we went all out with a high tea, complete with little sandwiches.  It was fun.  The kids enjoyed themselves greatly at their tea party.
Yesterday, we made easy "gingerbread" houses with graham crackers.  I got this idea from another homeschooling mom/friend of mine.  She did this a couple of years ago with our homeschooling group and my kids LOVED it!  So, here are the engineers busy at work constructing the home of their dreams.



And once the house is built, comes the fun part!  Decorating!  They spent several hours on this project, very happy and content as they built and decorated their houses.  Ana's finished product:
David's "hotel" complete with a rooftop garden:
Grandma helped with the design and Abby did all the decorating work herself. 
On the agenda for today is to take Grandma back to the airport.  : (  She goes home today.  Sadness.  But before we do that, we have one more field trip today.  We're going to the art museum - there's a cool exhibit that we want to see.  I'll try to remember to take pictures.  Have a happy Tuesday everyone!

Comments

  1. I'm very impressed with their creativity. The houses (plus hotel) are all VERY pretty. Looked like fun. If I didn't have to work I would join in. Sigh !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I am very impressed with the creativity and the building skills!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look