I'm Back!

Did you miss me?  I had a wonderful time in Texas this past weekend.  It was busy, but almost all fun!  Here are some brief highlights of the good and bad.

The Bad:
  • Feeling Sick on Thursday Travel - I had been feeling vaguely yucky several days prior to travelling.  I felt very yucky all day Thursday travelling.  I made sure I had a puke bag close by on all airplanes - thankfully, I never needed them, but I was worried a couple of times I would.  I did have to stop at all airports before and after flights to visit the bathroom.  Blech.  I did not eat much at all that day.  But I felt mostly back to normal by Friday.
  • Snoring Man - last leg of the airplane journey last night.  Snoring Man fell asleep immediately upon sitting down in his seat.  Our plane was delayed for about 20 minutes.  Snoring Man snored very loudly - without any airplane noise to cover up his very loud snorts and snores.  It was irritating.  I was amazed that he did not wake up during take off.  Thankfully engine noise drowned out all but the loudest of snorts for the remainder of the flight.
The Good:
  • Seeing Friends - I got to spend the weekend visiting friends from our days in Indiana, including my good friend Kim!  And I got to meet and make new wonderful friends.  It was sad to say bye, but I know we'll see each other again someday before too long has passed.
  • Running - I ran every day while there with friends - except the day I overslept.  Then I had to run alone as my punishment. 
  • Weather - Most days were in the low 70s or high 60s.  It was amazing.  It made being greeted by a 12 degree icy blast of wind outside the airport last night very sad.  Running outside in t-shirt and shorts on December 4 rarely happens in Iowa.  I loved it. 
  • The content - This conference was for a group of networking churches and organizations with similar hearts.  Lots of good things to be pushed out on in my spiritual life - areas where I need growth.  There's lots of good stuff for me to chew on in the next few days. 
  • Grandma Kay - we called home every night to find the kids amazingly chipper and talkative.  They had a blast with Grandma this weekend and I don't think they even missed us.  I was worried about Ana the most as she can get super sad about things like this.  But one night as I was chatting with her, she said, "I'm not even sad at all!"  That made being away so much easier on us (me) knowing that they were in good hands and good cheer.  Grandma is still #1 here.  They were happy to see me this morning, but the girls are still wanting Grandma to help them with everything instead of me.  : )
  • Clean House - Grandma Kay had time on her hands being here.  Our house is cleaner in areas that haven't been cleaned for years.  Yea for Grandma's!
That's all for now.  I have one picture to post from the weekend.  I didn't take it.  I took my camera along, but in typical Melissa fashion did not take a single picture.  Blogger isn't letting me post it at the moment.  Maybe I'll save it for another day.  Today is a fun day with the kids.  No school - just getting back into the routine of things.  We had a cool project to do from our advent box today.  I did take pictures of that.  I'll post it hopefully tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. # 1...was the snoring man on the plane by chance your husband????

    # 2...you seem to have gotten your mother and father's camera ability. We just love to lug our camera on every outing so we CANNOT take any picturs !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully not your mom's spelling and proof-reading ability....the last word should read..pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had zero pictures except from Dave's iphone. Whoops. This happened last year as well.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snoring man undoubtedly had obstructive sleep apnea if he was snoring and snorting. The snorts are when he woke up from not breathing. Even though he looked like he was sleeping, he wasn't getting any restful sleep. Poor guy. Poor you for having to listen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look