Brrr

It was cold out this morning. 3 degrees. And windy. Windchill readings were down to -15 degrees. This is how I looked this morning when I went out for my run.  Kind of scary.
3 layers of pants, 5 layers on my top, plus a hat, scarf, and gloves. The skin you see in this picture was the only skin exposed. When the wind was to my back, I actually felt almost a little too warm. Nice. I got a good weight workout in too with all the layers I was wearing. We definitely didn't run very fast, but we stayed outside and shuffled around for 31 minutes. :)  It's the season where your eyelashes get frozen together from your breath as you run.  My running partner Julie and I always enjoy laughing at each other as the "eyesicles" form on our lashes and eyebrows and any exposed hair on our heads.

I also have decided to rework my daily schedule as I've been getting lax/frustrated/discouraged.  Mainly I've been trying to multi-task too much and instead of doing many things at once, I end up doing not much of anything or doing it poorly because I'm too spread out.  So I am going to be strict with myself that school time is for school time only.  Once school is done, I'm going to give myself some office time, kid time, and cleaning time.  I'm hoping that will make things feel a little easier and more managable to me.  Today so far is going well with my new mindset. 

Today is Christmas tree set-up day.  I'm finally getting around to it.  I'll make sure to post some pictures of it tomorrow!  Enjoy your day!

Comments

  1. You are CRAZY. The windchill here this morning was 2. I sweat it out on the treadmill. Pansy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky you did not get shot for looking like a robber.
    About that organized time...I didn't see any "contact your mother" time in there ! Do I need to make an appointment?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look