Tooth Fairy Grammar Lesson

Yesterday, Ana had to get two of four teeth pulled.  The other two get pulled next week.  She does not have enough room in her mouth for all of her teeth and some are growing in sideways.  So pulling baby teeth is in order to make room for her grown-up teeth.  Ana was very scared about the procedure.  She was very sad afterwards as well.  She said it hurt.  So now she is completely dreading next week's appointment even more than the one yesterday.  We will have to make the best of the situation and try to deal with it.  But to add insult to injury, the stupid tooth fairy didn't show up last night to claim the freshly pulled teeth.  We've heard that she gives a bonus for loosing two teeth in one day - at least that's what happened when David lost both front teeth in one night.  And the last time the tooth fairy didn't show up for one of Ana's teeth, she got a bonus for having to wait an extra night.  So I'm thinking she's going to make out pretty good tonight...if the tooth fairy decides to do her job.

So anyway, fast forward to school this morning.  Ana was learning about quotation marks and how to use them properly.  To make it more fun, I decided we should write notes to each other using quotation marks.  I started off writing this, "Can you give me a hug?" asked Mom.  Ana wrote back, "Yes," said Ana.  Then, I told her it was her turn to ask me a question.  The following is our written conversation.  As a side note, she did very well with using the grammar lesson correctly!  So here is Ana's orginial question to me, with all that came after:
"Is the tooth fairy real?" asked Ana.
"What do you think?" Mom answered back.
"I don't know," Ana answered.
"Neither do I," Mom replied.
"Mom, tell me!" said Ana.
"Maybe you can ask her in a note tonight," Mom suggested.
"Tell me right now," said Ana.
"I am sworn to secrecy by the Tooth Fairy Council until you are thirteen," Mom said.
"Waaaaaa waaaaaaa waa waa," cries Ana.

At that point, the grammar lesson was successfully completed, our paper was filled, and we were both giggling too much to write more.  I like it when school goes well like that.  Makes me glad that I'm homeschooling and erases all the bad days in an instant.

Oh, and on a side note, I've been corrected on my previous post several times via private email that David does not have 10 girl cousins.  That is true!  Two of them are his sisters!  He has 8 girl cousins on my family's side.  His GRANDparents have 10 granddaughters and 1 grandson.  I stand corrected.

Comments

  1. So glad you are able to take corrections so nicely. Not sure though since GRAND was in capital letters which in writing implies YELLING! :) Should the toothfairy be reminded tonight by a phonecall by a caring by-stander ????? HUH? (oops...I wasn't yelling)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look