Training Uncertainty

I'm in a post-marathon uncertain time.  I don't know how to train.  I don't have a super specific goal in mind, so my runs feel a bit nebulous at the moment.  I would like to work on getting faster now that I have done my marathon.  But faster for what race?  I'm still thinking about training for half-marathons.  It seems like it would be a little easier on my body than marathon training.  The problem is that winter is now approaching and that makes training so much harder.  I have to have a very concrete goal in my mind or I will choose my warm, comfy bed any day over cold, dark runs.  It's also harder to train harder when the weather is yucky.  But I'd hate to lose the base I've built up this past year due to being lazy.  So I need to get a program ready for myself and get a new goal very soon before I lose my motivation.  Thankfully, I have my friend Julie egging me on to keep running in the mornings.  That helps to get me out of bed knowing that I will face her wrath if I don't show up to run (she's not that mean, but I feel bad when I accidentally oversleep).  I will hopefully get some sort of program going soon.  Do any of you readers have ways you use to stay in shape over the winter?  I'm open to suggestions! 

Comments

  1. Don't look at me...don't have a clue about staying in shape over the winter ...or over the summer for that fact. Sad !!!!

    One question...does Julie even know what the word wrath means? Not sure she has a mean bone in her body !!!1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look