Best Husband

I have pictures to upload, but for some reason the server is not allowing me to do that.  Sorry.  I guess this will be a picture free post.  I'll post pictures later of my lovely night the other evening.  Thursday evening, Aaron decided to take the kids out for supper at McDonald's since he had been working evenings the past three nights before that.  It would give him some time with them and give me a bit of a break from continuous child exposure.  I told the kids that he was taking them to McD.  Abby's response was, "No, we can't go there.  McDonald's has yucky food."  David reprimanded her by saying, "Abby, you are just saying that because that's what Mom always says.  You haven't even tried it before.  Mom says we have to try things at least once before we can say if we like it or not."  I laughed, hearing my own words being used in defense of McDonalds.  It's true, I don't go there.  I can't stand the food there.

So they went off and had a great time together eating yucky food.  I stayed home.  I really didn't do anything exciting at all.  And I was fine with that.  I ate an enormous sweet potato.  I read.  I sat and played on the computer.  I visited a friend next door.  All in all, a very pleasant and quiet unproductive evening.  I had thought of getting lots of things done, but decided against that. 

I got home from my time with my friend to find that the kids had each bought a present for me while they were away.  They wrapped up their gifts and presented them to me in one wrapped up box.  They each chose on their own what to give me.  Abby gave me a jar of green olives.  : )  I like green olives.  So do the girls.  They asked if I could share with them.  Ana gave me a lavender smelly candle.  David got me some chocolates with caramel in the middle.  And they got a card for me and all signed it with little personal messages of love.  I was very overcome with joy from my wonderful, thoughtful husband and kids.  They make me so happy. 

Today, I get to go to the Iowa football game with Aaron.  We're excited.  I plan on wearing lots of warm clothes.  I don't like being cold.  I would much rather be hot than cold.  I had better go and get things done in the meantime!  Have a great rest of your weekend.

Comments

  1. Very nice and very thoughtful. You have a great family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look